It will forever be a top trend for fall (even though these pictures were taken a bit before fall in September in the West Village). If there’s one thing we can count on when it comes to transitioning a look from summer to fall, it’s a blazer. More specifically, a plaid one. This previously stuffy trend has gone through quite the transformation, with brands adding their own special touches to the fall necessity. So whether you’re attempting to make a midi slip dress appropriate for your 2 p.m. meeting or just need something to fall-up that summer top you can’t let go of, or you want to make a BOLD statement (like me in the matching plaid suit), there’s no going wrong with plaid.
Love a classic grey plaid blazer for fall if Trina Turk’s Pass the Wine Plaid Suiting fabric isn’t for you.
What I Wore:
Jacket: Trina Turk (c/o), Pass the Wine Plaid Habanero Jacket | 30% off this week | top trend for fall 2019
I can’t even begin to count the minutes of my life I’ve wasted digging around my bag for my phone, firing up the Find My Phone app on a friend’s phone or simply searching high and low for my iPhone.
Well, my friends, those days are over! Let me introduce you to my favorite new accessory that has FINALLY put an end to my five-year streak of losing my iPhone at the Outside Lands music festival -> The Bandolier Crossbody Phone Case. This phone case is a life-changer. It’s a phone case, it’s a bag and it is the key to NOT losing your phone in ANY situation. From the airport to the grocery store to music festivals this phone case is always across my body and never missing!
This multifunctional crossbody phone case is chicer than any of my old plastic or silicone cases that break and fade in what seems like no time at all. It holds my phone tightly, and its removable crossbody strap lets me carry it around as I would a purse! My phone hangs safely at my side so I can easily reach down and swing it up to my face when I need to answer a text, make a call or take a selfie.
The crossbody strap is not only removable, but it’s adjustable too! No need to worry about height, as you can customize the length to fit just right. This is also very useful when I want to layer bags, so I can keep my phone up and above everything else.
This case leaves the camera lens of the phone exposed (thank god), so I don’t have to deal with taking it out of the case (and probably dropping it) every time I want to snap a photo…which is pretty often. No more “missing that perfect shot” because I can’t access my phone camera quickly enough! Even better? This stylish case will be in every mirror selfie I take (every time I exit my building).
Yes, it is on the pricey side but the quality is there and frankly, you earn back the time you would be spending searching for your phone! #TrustMe
If you’re a dog owner (like me), Halloween is probably one of your favorite holidays. I mean, is there anything cuter than dressing up your furry friend?
No, I think not.
And while it’s always fun to dress up with other people, nothing tops matching dog Halloween costumes. Besides, there’s a good chance that you already do everything together; celebrating the spooky holiday should be no different!
I rounded up five of my favorite matching dog Halloween costumes from Amazon and Chewy. All of these costumes are easy, affordable and guarantee to make you smile.
Five Matching Dog Halloween Costumes
Don’t be shell-fish this year and let your furry friend join in on the Halloween fun. This costume was SO easy to put together and honestly the most comfortable costume I’ve ever worn. I threw my hair in a bun and paired the Amazon Lobster Costume with a pair of Spanx leggings and my favorite M. Gemi sneakers.
Let’s just be honest here. We all love tacos and the guy modeling the human costume is hot. Put your man it and pray that he ends up looking like this guy.
The way the golden retriever is looking over her shoulder in her mermaid costume makes me want to run to the closest shelter and adopt a female dog just so I can make use of this stunning costume. Red wigs for everyone this year!
There is no need to diet to get into either of these costumes. They look both comfy and cute AF!
I had to throw one scary option into this roundup. Full moon or not, your furry one can get a whole lot furrier this year wearing this fun (an affordable) costume.
1. Senreve, Mini Maestra Satchel | I absolutely adore this bag and I am so glad that you guys do too. I sometimes hold back from posting pieces with a higher price point, but clearly, 16 of you loved this bag and bought it! The mini maestra satchel is truly something special. It features 7 interior compartments including a padded sleeve, while the central compartment fits up to a 10.5” tablet. Best of all, this convertible handbag can be worn four ways: as a backpack, crossbody, satchel or tote! | Use my code: KATWALKSF for a FREE Bracelet Pouch (a $125/$195 value)
2. Stuart Weitzman, NearlyNude Ankle Strap Sandal | I own them in a size 8, my normal size and wear them to ALMOST every wedding! The puppies are COMFY AF.
3. 1. STATE, Leopard Muse Patch Pocket Shirt Dress | This dress is so easy! | Dress it up or down -> wear it during the summer with sandals and into fall with booties | I have it in a size medium.
4. Lioness, Tie-Dye Palermo Blazer | This was a favorite during fashion week in New York | Check out all my tie-dye picks on this blog post | I have it in a size medium.
5. DIFF, Carson 53mm Polarized Square Sunglasses | These are easy affordable black sunglasses my friends | Check out all my sunglasses here.
6. M. Gemi, The Palestra Minimo | These are my FAVORITE sneakers. I wear them nearly every day and they are on sale for $165 vs $198 AND my code: KAT60 gets you $60 off your first purchase! Do the math -> Get the sneakers.
7. ASOS, Sheer Organza Short Sleeve Top with Stitch Detail | This top keeps selling out, but it comes back so keep checking. See it styled as a full look here | I ordered a size 10.
It’s that time of the year again! The Shopbop Event of the Season is here and it is time to stock-up and save on our favorite brands (that never go on sale) for fall.
Raise your hand if you hate paying full price…for anything.
you can put your hand down
I’m with you. I spend WAY too much time searching the internet for deals and steals when I am ready to make a purchase. What I love about this Shopbop Sale is that all my favorite brands are in one place and on sale. It’s the perfect time to stock up on all you fall staples and fall trends.
So for this sale, I broke down each fall trend by category and shared my favorite fall trends from the Shopbop sale.