Do I cook?
But, do I have friends who can cook?
So, for this post, I partnered with my friend Michael Gerbino, My L.A. Chef. In addition to being a homie and a fantastic travel buddy (traveling with a chef is THE best!), he is a talented private chef (check out our Easter ham spread here) and helped me to curate and execute a series of amazingly beautiful and delicious dishes with La Tourangelle.
These recipes are simple, seasonal and something anything fashionista can bust out of their kitchen! Check out recipe #1 below for The La Tourangelle Sweet Almond Cake. La Tourangelle handcrafts this Roasted Almond Oil in Woodland, California strictly following 150-year-old French tradition. La Tourangelle roasted almond oil adds a subtle almond taste to any dish and gives a fresh touch to your meal. The oil reveals subtle nuances when combined with other ingredients. Its delicate character makes it a good substitute for olive oil. When combined with any salad, fish or vegetable dish, almond oil helps to fashion a gourmet meal.
La Tourangelle Sweet Almond Cake
- 3⁄4 cup La Tourangelle Roasted Almond Oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 large lemon
- 1 cup ap flour
- 5 eggs, separated
- 3⁄4cup + 11⁄2TbsSugar
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- Season blueberries with 1.5 tbs of sugar and let rest for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 deg with the oven rack in the center
- Grease a 9” cake pan with cooking spray
- Place a round piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan
- Zest the lemon and combine the zest with the flour
- Juice the lemon and set aside
- Beat the egg yolks with 1⁄2 cup of sugar with a hand mixer in a bowl on high for 3 min or until the yolks are thick and pale yellow
- Reduce speed to medium and add almond oil and lemon juice until combined
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour until combined, small lumps are okay
- Beat egg whites in a clean bowl with 1⁄2 tsp salt on high until foamy, then add 1⁄4 cup of sugar slowly while beating, continue beating until you reach soft peaks, about 3 min
- Fold whites into the batter working in batches, until combined
- Place the blueberries into the pan then, place batter on top.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 min or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean
- Let cool in the pan for 10 min, then remove, slice and enjoy!